Chocolate Raspberry Protein Cupcakes
What if we told you that you could combine chocolate and fresh raspberries into a delicious AND protein filled cupcake? You know, so you don't have to feel so guilty about asking for seconds?
Better Yet... We'll just show you.
- 2 cups moist-style chocolate cake mix
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder
- 1½ cups raspberries
- 3 egg whites
- 1 Tbsp mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tsp Stevia (or your favorite sweetener)
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 Jell-O® Double Chocolate, Sugar-Free/Reduced Calorie Pudding Snack
- 2 Tbsp chocolate frosting
- 12 additional raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To make frosting, place pudding in a small dish. Add chocolate frosting and stir until mixed thoroughly. Refrigerate until cupcakes are ready to be frosted.
- Place protein powder, sweetener, chocolate chips, 1 cup water, raspberries, and egg whites into a blender. Blend until pureed.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, baking powder, and salt. Add pureed protein mixture to the bowl and stir until completely blended.
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with liners or nonstick spray. Evenly distribute cake mixture among the cups.
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Allow cupcakes to cool completely, and then evenly distribute frosting among the tops of cupcakes. Top each cupcake with 1 of the remaining 12 raspberries. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Carmelo Cruz