Love our caveman sweet potato?
Make it at home!
4 sweet potatoes
1lb lean ground turkey meat
½ red onion, diced
½ red apple, diced
1/2 cup dried cranberries
3 packed cups spinach
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- Wash and scrub your sweet potatoes, prick them with a fork, and place on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet.
- Cook turkey meat in separate pan.
- Place in the oven and bake until soft all the way through, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- While your sweet potatoes are baking, preheat a cast iron skillet or saute pan over medium heat.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and add your onions, stirring often.
- Cook onions for 5-7 minutes or until translucent.
- Add the apples and cranberries, cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add spinach, stir often for 2-3 minutes until all spinach has cooked down.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and remove from heat
- To serve, slice each sweet potato lengthwise and push on the ends to open up the middle.
- Spoon 4oz (women) – 6oz (men) of turkey meat into the potato and then spoon the stuffing into each sweet potato. Sprinkle with brown sugar and honey.
*Womens portion is 1/2 medium sweet potato
*Mens portion is 1 full medium sweet potato
**This item is Gluten Free
Female Portion: 13g Fat, 33g Carbs, 32g Protein | 337 Calories
Male Portion: 16g Fats, 43g Carbs, 40g Protein | 476 Calories