Written By: Sarah Fredette
All too often when following a nutrition plan we fall under the assumption that we need to deprive ourselves of some of our favorite things. Guess what? That’s a total misconception.
There’s a healthy alternative to almost everything and we’ve got you covered on all ends.
As someone who LOVES snacking and has a thing for sweets I’m here to provide you with a list of my favorite healthy choices to curve those cravings and stay on track.
- Ice Cream: my go to here is 95’s peanut butter protein pie using the insider trick of eating it straight out of the freezer as opposed to out of the fridge.
- Cookies: Lenny and Larry complete cookies. Quick, easy, and an easy curve to kill those sweet cravings when you’re on the go.
- Movie Theatre Style Popcorn: try out the Protes light butter flavored protein popcorn (our newest flavor to come in store and my current favorite)
- Cupcakes: 95’s deconstructed red velvet protein cupcakes (30 seconds in the microwave to melt the frosting and get the warm right out of the oven taste)
- Brownies: 95’s brownie bites. A popular customer favorite and always in high demand. These are delicious in so many forms. Right out of the fridge is to die for but if you’re someone who likes the warm gooey brownie taste apply that 30 seconds in the microwave trick and you’re covered.
- Muddy Buddy Chex Mix: 95’s Protein Puppy Chow. Hands down one of my favorite go to snacks. Perfect for when you’re on the go, reaching for a simple filling snack, or looking to hit the spot when the strong sweet craving is present.
Fun Fact: this was the first item I have purchased as a customer at 95 and was instantly sold on this being my go to place for food.
7. Chips: Quest Protein Chips. There are a variety of flavors to choose from and you’re bound to find one to replace that favorite style of chip you have when you’re looking to open a bag.
Here’s the thing, changing nutritional habits does not have to be attached with struggle and deprivation. You can still enjoy what you eat and stay on course. It’s all about making smart choices, opting for healthy alternatives, and living in moderation.