Hey Friends! Over the years I have noticed that many men and women are intimidated by cooking at home. I’ve heard things like “I can’t even make toast without burning it”…”I am the worst cook ever”…”I can’t follow a recipe book, it’s too confusing”.
With all that being said I have decided to debunk cooking for our community of self proclaimed “helpless home cookers”. I will show you step by step how to make incredible meals right at home and explain EVERYTHING in detail. Now for our experienced cookers you can just follow the recipie below! Lets get to it!
Click the video to watch this dish being made LITERALLY step by step. You can follow along right from your own kitchen so you don’t feel alone you first time 😉
Salmon with Avocado Salsa & Brussels sprouts
Yield: Dinner for 2
Total time: 25 min (Inexperienced)
15 min (Experienced)
2- 4-6oz salmon filets
1/4 cup- Lime juice
1/2- English cucumber
1- pint cherry tomatoes
1- red onion
1/4 lb – Brussels sprouts
2- lg Idaho potatoes
1- ripe avocado
1-Small Olive oil for drizzling
2-TBL Coarse salt
1-TBL cracked black pepper
4-TBL cajun seasoning
4-TBL dried cilantro/
5-TBL roasted red pepper & garlic dry seasoning
4-TBL sour cream
2oz- shredded cheddar cheese
1. Poke holes in your potatoes and get in the microwave on “baked potato” setting!- LIFE HACK- If you do not have this setting on your microwave…potatoes go in over at 350 degrees for 25 min
2. Pre-heat medium size sauce pan on medium flame for Brussels
3. Cut Brussels in half to speed cook time. Put cut Brussels in a small bowl, drizzle with EVOO and sprinkle roasted red pepper dry seasoning on them. Gently toss to get them completely covered.
-Drizzle pre-heated pan with EVOO and put Brussels in, cover with lid. Check back frequently to toss in pan to ensure even cooking. They are to cook for the duration of the meal prep.
4. Coat Salmon with thin layer of lime juice, Sprinkle cajun on top of the salmon. Pre-heat medium sauce pan on Medium flame for the salmon. Drizzle EVOO in pan and apply salmon to pan (SKIN DOWN). Sear for 2 1/2 min, flip and sear for another 2 1/2 min. NOTE for well done salmon increase time to 3 1/2 min per side. Remove salmon from pan and let rest for 2 min before removing the skin.
5. Prepare salsa by combining whole cherry tomatoes, coarsely chopped 1/2 English cucumber, coarsely chopped 1/2 red onion and coarsely chopped jalapeño into a food processor. Add 1/4 cup lime juice, dried cilantro and. 2 TBL course salt. Being food processing until salsa is diced to your liking.
6. Plate baked potato with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Add cheddar cheese and sour cream to your liking. Plate salmon and add salsa to the top of the fish. Add 1/2 diced avocado to the top of each fish filet. Plate Brussels right from the stove.