Written By: Sierra Watson
I know what you are thinking when you are on that flight home from vacation. Oh my goodness I don’t want it to be over, I am going to have so much to do and I bet your mind continues to wander. Before you even get off the flight your feeling flustered.
Here are a few tips to make your transition back into reality smooth:
- Prioritize - Make a list of all these tasks that need to be completed. Make sure you have them in order of priority.
- Nutrition - Do not get down on yourself because you are feeling like a whale. The point of the vacation was to relax and enjoy yourself! The easiest way to get back to feeling like you is preparation. Stop out to one of our locations or make a preorder so prepping your meals is one less thing you need to worry about.
- Exercise - I’m sure you are feeling sluggish and bloated. Get your body moving! It doesn’t have to be exactly where you were before you left, but get a good sweat session in. When you really don’t want to go is when you need it most. Also be sure to stay off the scale the first week or two you are home. Give your body time to adjust back to normal.
- Sleep - This is SO important. I know you may want to jam pack your day but you cannot forget to sleep. If you don’t get those 7-8 hours you will exhaust yourself and think you need another vacation a week later. You did enough relaxing, you just need to take care of yourself.
- Reflection - There’s no need for post vacation blues. Make sure you put on your priority list SOMEWHERE to reflect on your vacation. Before you go to sleep, look back on your vacation. Maybe you want to scrapbook memories or something fun!
Keep your thoughts positive. Focus on today and focus on your plan of attack.
Hope this helps you for your next vacation!